Energy Efficient Windows
A home improvement with a high return on investment
Probably the single most effective and practical home improvement you can get fast results from is the installation of energy efficient windows.
State of the art, advanced technologies now offer the manufacture of powerful windows that provide UV and heat protection as well as superior insulation properties. These windows are increasing in popularity as energy awareness rises.
Why replace your windows?
Many people don’t realize the cost of inefficient windows. Traditional windows are made of a single pane of clear glass. This provides no protection against UV and heat transfer, allowing damage to your property and the sun’s energy to manipulate your internal temperature.
Older wooden frames also have many broken seals and cracks that let conditioned air seep out, further adding to your energy inefficiency. Imagine every one of the windows in your home slowly allowing your cooled or heated air out while it lets the sun’s energy in. Over time that adds up to a tremendous cost in lost energy.
Energy saving windows
- Come in all window types; casement, double hung, slider, awning, etc.
- Glass itself is made of thermal performance glass
- Incorporates tinting that helps reflect UV rays and radiant heat while diffusing glare
- May have multiple panes of glass for added protection as the space in between the glass is filled with Argon or Krypton gases. These gases absorb heat and provide fantastic insulation.
- Composite window frames keep an air-tight seal with your home allowing no energy to escape.
- Advanced weather stripping and warm edge spacers seal the deal for up to 60% energy savings
Window film application may be an option
One of the most affordable and quick solutions to this is the application of window film. Window film is a laminate retrofit coating that is applied to the interior of your windows. This coating has a number of benefits that will save you money and upgrade your window’s aesthetic value.
Benefits of window film
- Reflects UV light and radiant heat
- Reduces glare
- Can be decorative
- Can provide privacy
- Provides energy savings
- Very affordable
Smart Home Improvement has positioned itself as a leading resource in the area for energy efficient exterior home improvements. We have teamed up with the finest manufacturers to offer the absolute highest quality energy saving windows available. Our windows are durable, aesthetically beautiful and most importantly they will save you significant money on your energy costs.
If you would like to pay less each month in power while enjoying beautiful windows, call Smart Home Improvement and let us show you what energy efficient windows can do for your home.
- Preparing for a Winter Storm - Did you know that weather experts are predicting that this season may be a snowier-than-usual winter for the DMV area? While our winter storms are uncommon and fairly mild, it’s always a good idea to be prepared. Here is our list of “must-haves” to have to protect you from unexpected… Read More
- Preparing a Home Emergency Kit for Winter - The weather is cooling down in the DMV area. While we are lucky to experience fairly mild winter temperatures, the colder months can often bring unpredictable weather. Power outages and loss of heat are of particular concern during this time of year as the temperature dips below freezing. Natural weather… Read More
Smart Home Improvement is rated 5 / 5 based on these 1 happy customer reviews
The crew did great work on my siding replacement project. I am very satisfied.