Your Window Options
If you’ve embarked on any home improvement project, you’ll appreciate the over-abundance of options for every detail. And the principle couldn’t be truer for your windows.
Understanding Your Window Options
There are a hundred and one options for new windows. But when you use these parameters to select your new panes, you’ll ensure that you get a product that works for you.
- Design: will the window fit in with the appearance of your home?
- Functionality: are they easy to open and close?
- Energy efficiency: are they double-paned and/or have the stamp of approval from Energy Star?
- Cost: do they fit in your budget – and are they high quality to ensure they’re an investment with staying power?
Armed with this information, you can make a smart choice for your new window replacement project.
New Window Options
You can narrow down your search for new windows by honing in on the type you’d like. The most popular options include:
- Casement windows, which use a hinge and crank to open out to the left or right
- Double hung windows, which can open from top to bottom or side to side
- Single hung windows, which only open from one side
- Picture windows, which provide an expansive and interrupted view and generally don’t open
With these choices as your starting point, you can narrow down your windows to find a perfect-for-you solution!